SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- BusyKids™ Kids’ Camp!® Tie-Dye Kit: Red, Blue, Turquoise
- White T-shirt, 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface. Scrunch fabric on the bottom half of shirt towards the center and wrap three rubber bands around fabric, evenly spacing rubber bands.
4. Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water and shake until powder dissolves.
5. Add Blue dye onto top third of T-shirt, Turquoise dye onto second third of T-shirt and Red dye onto rubber-banded sections on bottom section of shirt.
6. Cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
7. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear, leaving rubber bands intact. With rubber bands still wrapped around shirt, wash in hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Remove rubber bands and dry separately.