Color Me Cute
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting items:
- Baby Couture Crayons Iron-On Transfers
- Slick 3-D Fashion Paint: bright red, deep purple, yellow, fluorescent orange, fluorescent blue, crab apple
- White cotton Gerber Onesies garment
- Cardboard or cardstock
- Paper towels
- Plastic tablecloth
- Pressing cloth
- Scratch paper
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay Onesies garment on prepared surface.
- Cut crayon transfer into individual "crayons."
- Refer to photo. Position crayons all over front of Onesies garment. Place Onesies garment on an ironing board or a hard, flat surface and lay pressing cloth over Onesies garment. With iron set to "wool" setting, iron firmly over cloth in an even circular motion for 45-60 seconds. Immediately peel off Mylar film from
- designs. Allow to cool.
- Insert cardboard into Onesies garment to prevent paint from bleeding through to back.
- Gently squeeze colors of 3-D Fashion Paint onto Onesies garment, extending a squiggly line from the matching color crayon transfer. While paint is wet, place a piece of scratch paper over the paint on Onesies garment and press, rubbing hands over entire paper for a paper press technique. Remove paper and allow to dry.