Color Me Sassy T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip One-Step Fashion Dyes: fuchsia, turquoise
- Jerzees white cotton T-shirt
- Plastic tablecloth or trash bags
- 4 rubber bands
- Rubber gloves
- Washing machine
- Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with trash bags or plastic tablecloth. Lay damp shirt on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottles to line indicated. Replace caps tightly and shake bottles until dye is dissolved.
- Scrunch upper left corner of shirt into a tube shape and secure with rubber band near end of tube and another a few inches away. Repeat process for bottom right corner of shirt, with one rubber band near end of tube shape and one close to the middle of shirt.
- Refer to photo. Squeeze fuchsia dye onto upper left shoulder/sleeve section, concentrating most of the dye onto the shoulder portion but with some lines of fuchsia dye extending outward toward the middle of shirt. Squeeze turquoise dye next to the fuchsia section and outward toward middle of shirt, leaving middle white.
- Squeeze turquoise dye onto bottom right corner of shirt, extending a few lines of turquoise out toward middle of shirt. Squeeze fuchsia dye next to turquoise section, extending toward middle of shirt but leaving the middle section white.
- Cover shirt with trash bag or plastic table cloth. Let sit 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove rubber bands and wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry or dry in dryer.