Follow manufacturer’s instructions for interfacing. 1/4" seams unless indicated. RS = Right sides, WS = Wrong sides.
Canvas: Two 10"x18" & two 3"x20"
Turquoise: Four 5"x18" & two 1"x20"
Lining: Two 18"x18"
Shape-Flex®: Two 18"x18"
Fusible Fleece: Four 5"x18" & two 1"x20"
1. Fuse four 5"x18" pieces of Fusible Fleece to WS of turquoise pieces. Fuse two 1."x20" strips of Fusible Fleece to WS of turquoise strips. Fuse Shape-Flex® to WS of lining fabric.
2. Place the 2 pieces of lining RS together. Pin along both 18" sides & the bottom. Sew around all 3 sides, leaving a 4" gap on the bottom for turning. Set aside.
3. Place 5"x18" lining fabric RS together with 10"x18"canvas with raw 18" edges aligned. Sew & press seam toward canvas. Topstitch close to the seam on the canvas. Repeat with opposite 18" side to create one exterior panel.
4. Repeat Step 4 to create second exterior panel & set both aside.
5. Remove the shiny backing from one sheet of EZ-Steam® II. Press the exposed pressure sensitive side against the WS ofthe 9"x12" yellow fabric. Cut 11" strips with widths of 1/2", 3/4" & 1".
6. Remove remaining paper backings & arrange strips on 1 canvas panel as desired. Strips should stay within 3" of 1 raw edge & 1" of the other. The side with the 3" border will be the bag bottom. Finger press in place & fuse.
7. Topstitch appliques with a straight or
zigzag stitch if desired.
8. Place exterior panels RS together; pin along both sides & the bottom. Sew around all 3 sides.
9. To box corners, pinch 1 corner & match seams to create a point. Measure & mark a line 5." across. Sew along line. Trim seam allowance to 1/4". Repeat with opposite corner.
10. Repeat Step 8 with lining.
11. Turn bag exterior RS out, push out corners & set aside.
12. Straps: Fold both long ends of one 3"x20" canvas strip in 1/4" & press. Center 1."x20" strip on top, RS up. Fold long ends in another 1/4", overlapping the turquoise strip; press & pin. Topstitch just in from the fold along the canvas on both sides. Repeat for second strap.
13. Place outer bag inside lining, with RS together & match seams. Pin on either side of seams to secure.
14. Tuck one strap between exterior & lining, with raw edges aligned, RS together with canvas on the exterior, so one side of each end is aligned with seam where the canvas meets the cotton. Pin in place. Repeat with second strap.
15. Pin around the entire opening & sew, reinforcing seams over all 4 strap ends.
16. Turn bag right side out through the gap. Stitch gap closed; push lining into bag.
17. Straighten lining & pin top seam to prevent shifting. Topstitch.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.