Colorblock Necklace and Earrings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Purple crystal large facetted beads
- Light pink 6mm round crystals
- 4mm burgundy crystals
- Gold eyepins
- Gold tiger tail
- Gold end bar clasp
- Gold crimps
- Gold headpins
- Pink spiky crystals
- Gold earwires
- Gold jump rings
- Gold chain
- Crimp tool
- Flat pliers
- Cut two segments of Gold tiger tails, approximately 24" and 28". Secure on end of each strand with a piece to tape, to prevent your beads from sliding off.
- Create connector to go between the burgundy crystals: Using burgundy beads and eyepins, slide one bead onto the eyepin and create a simple loop. Create 24 of these connectors.
- Begin to string beads. Using first the burgundy crystals, string approximately 6" worth; alternating between every third bead one loop of the eyepin connectors created in step 2.
- Next, string 5 light pink crystals.
- Next, string 6 large purple beads.
- Mirror this pattern on the other side: stringing next light pink beads and then burgundy crystals with connectors between every third bead.
- Next, work on the second, larger strand.
- String approximately 6.5” of burgundy crystals, picking up the eyepin connector every third bead. Then 5 light pink crystals, 8 large purple crystals, then 5 light pink, and another 6-1/2" of burgundy beads and connectors.
- Line these two strands up with each other and the clasp. Add or remove burgundy beads from the ends to line both layers up nicely. Crimp all 4 ends to the end bar/clasp using the crimping technique.
- Connect a short length of chain for an extender, and a lobster clasp with jump rings.
- String a jump ring through each of the pink crystal spikes.
- Attach this jump ring to the end of a short 1" length of gold chain.
- Create dangles by sliding one burgundy crystal onto a headpin. Form a simple loop. Repeat 17 times to create 18 burgundy dangles.
- Connect the dangles onto various links of the gold chain.
- Add an earwire to finish the earrings.