Colorful Beach Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 54" wide home decor fabric:
- 5/8 yd for body
- 3/4 yd for lining and trim
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron and ironing surface
- Sewing machine colorful beach bag
NOTE: Seam allowances 1/2".
- From main body fabric cut two 19"x21" rectangles.
- From lining and trim fabric cut:
- Two 19"x21" rectangles for lining
- Two 6"x21" rectangles for bottom
- Four 2-1/2"x17" strips for handles.
- Press under 1/2" on one long side of the bottom rectangles.
- Pin, right side up, onto the bottom edge of the main fabric rectangles. Topstitch pressed edge.
- Press 1/2" seam allowance on the 4 long edges of handle strips.
- Wrong sides together, pin the 2 handle strips. Topstitch each long edge. Repeat with the two remaining handle strips.
- With the handle facing downward, pin and stitch each end 6-1/2" from side edges.
- Right sides facing, pin front and back fabric rectangles together. Stitch bottom and side seams.
- Right sides facing, pin front and back lining rectangles together. Stitch side seams.
- Right sides facing, pin outside of bag to lining at top edge and stitch all around the top.
- Turn right side out, press and topstitch.
- Turn lining side out; stitch across bottom.
- To make squared corners fold out bottom corners, centering seams and stitch at the 6" point (3" on each side of seam).
- Turn right side out.