Colorful Beaded Clay Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fimo Soft polymer clay in colors of choice
- or those listed for a specific technique
- Fimo classic - translucent
- Bead rollers
- Bead baking rack
- Pasta machine
- Polymer clay oven
- Memory wire
- Jewelry tools
- Silver spacer beads of choice
- Acrylic paint
- Roll a log of black clay 1/4" in diameter and 2" long. Flatten a sheet of black and white clay to the second thinnest setting on the pasta machine. Trim edges and cut into a 2" strip. Wrap the white clay sheet around the black log. Repeat with black and ending with white.
- Striped Beads: Roll separate colors of clay through pasta machine on the #7 setting. Stack alternating colors. When stack is approximately 1/2" thick, cut a thin section and pass through pasta machine. Create round bead. Roll into a tube shape. Wrap stripe around tube. Gently trim edges. Press ends together to meet. Roll back into round bead.
- Embossing Powder: Roll bead in color of choice. Daub on embossing powders to desired thickness. The powder can cover the bead lightly or encase the entire bead for a different effect.
- Repeat the above steps with a white center and alternating black and white around the log. End in opposite color of inside.
- Roll each of these gently onto a flat surface to reduce the pattern until it measures 5" long. A variety of sizes can be made according to your preference.
- Mix two colors of clay together until marbled. Roll beads through bead rollers.
- Adding inclusions such as glitter, spices, small bits of crayons, embossing powders or metallic powders can make great beads. Mix together 1 part color with 3 parts translucent. Add inclusions to the clay mix and roll together through pasta machine until inclusions are evenly distributed.
- Polka Dot Beads: Create beads in color of choice. Paint polka dots onto beads before baking.
- Textured Beads: Roll beads through bead roller. Apply texture to beads by gently rolling bead over stamp, sandpaper or other texture of choice.
- Antiquing: After textured beads have baked, apply acrylic paint to entire beads. Wipe away excess, leaving paint in crevices.
- Measure appropriate amount of wire so that you have at least 3 loops to wrap around wrist. Loop one end. String beads randomly onto wire using silver spacer beads between each bead.