Colorful Calla Lily Bouquet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Calla lilies in colors of choice: 3 small, 11 large
- 3 Silk Vision Split Philo Leaf sprays
- 1 Silk Vision Green Flax spray
- 1 Home Inspirations tall leaves stem
- 1 bolt 1-1/2"-wide Ribbon to coordinate with flowers
- 1 pkg Green floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Low-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Large marker (used to curl the green narrow leaves)
NOTE: Refer to photo often for placement of all items. When placing floral stems, be sure to keep them in a ball shape.
- Use the 3 small calla lilies for the center top portion. Cut each stem 12" from the top of these flowers. Group them together and wrap using the green floral tape stretching the tape as you wrap approximately 2" on stems.
- Secure each added stem with green floral tape. Cut all stems to the 12" length.
- Pull apart the flax green leaf spray into individual pieces. Create a loop with one piece. Wrap a loop around 2 of the small calla lilies just wrapped.
- Cut individual tall leaves from the tall stem. Each leaf can be curled by running a fingernail down the middle each leaf. Add 2 at a time to the top row, twice.
- Add a row of 3 large calla lilies just below the top row.
- As each row is worked, add the loops and curled leaf stems evenly throughout.
- Add another row of 3 large calla lilies just below the last row. Repeat this step once more adding 5 large calla lilies to this row.
- Cut the split philo leaves down at the stem base where the last split appears. Follow along the curve of the leaf with scissors on both sides of the stem. Repeat on the other leaves. Bend and mold each leaf downward. Place each one overlapping the other around the base slightly for the final row.
- Use 3 green flax leaves and wrap each one around the magic marker, creating a coiled effect. Add in between the large leaves just added.
- Wrap ribbon around the stems covered in floral tape and secure with glue.