Colorful Chain-link Duct Tape Clutch
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Duck® brand duct tape: pink, red, orange, green, yellow, purple, teal, aqua
- Paper clip
- Thin ribbon or durable, thick embroidery floss
- Tape measure or rule
1. Cut 81/2" length of Duck® tape. Fold in half length-wise, sticky side together, to 81/2"x1". Make 112 strips.
2. Making a link: fold one stip in half & crease. Open the fold. Fold each end towards the middle crease. Fold in half again (FIG.1). Repeat.
3. To join the links, insert the ends of one link in the folds of the other link (FIG. 2).
4. Continue making the links and joining them to the previous link until 27 links are joined.
5. To join the ends of the chain, make one more link before threading the ends in. Unfold them before threading through the other link (FIG. 3).
6. Fold down one flap & tuck it into the fold of the link you thread it through (FIG. 4). Repeat with the other flap to complete the 28-link ring. Make four rings in total. For a taller bag, add more rings; for a wide bag add more links to each ring.
7. Attaching the rings: Tie a piece of embroidery floss or ribbon to a paper clip. Thread the paper clip through the loop of one of the links on the ring.
8. Stack one ring on top of the threaded ring and thread the paper clip through the adjoining link on the new ring.
9. Zigzag stitching between the rings & links,
weave the 2 rings together (FIG. 5).