Colorful Cupcake Ornaments
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Makes one ornament:
- Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint: pink, white, leaf green, bright red
- Felt sheets, 1 each: pink, red
- Embroidery floss: white, light pink
- Needle with large eye
- 6" Pink ribbon, 1/8" wide
- 3" green cording
- Sewing thread, to match ribbon
- Straight pins
- Cut out patterns. Cut felt sheets in half crosswise; stack pieces. Pin cupcake bottom pattern to red felt and cupcake pattern top to pink felt. Cut out, creating two for each cupcake.
- Thread needle with a 24" length of white embroidery floss. Sew a basting stitch, about 1/4" in from edge along three sides of bottom section of cupcake, leaving top open.
- Thread needle with pink embroidery floss. Place bottom cupcake section slightly under top section then sew a basting stitch around edge through all layers. See photo for reference.
- To create hanger for ornament, fold ribbon over and tie a knot in one end. Trim ends close to knot then sew in place on back of ornament.
- Tie a knot in one end of cording then trim end close to knot. This will be used for cherry stem. Trim stem to about 1-1/2" and set aside.
- Start flow of 3-D Fashion Paint on paper towel using even pressure on bottle for a smooth line.
- To create cherry, squeeze a large dot of bright red 3-D Fashion Paint where shown. Immediately insert end of stem into paint and add more paint if needed to fill in.
- Use the other 3-D Fashion Paint colors for the following cupcake details: Pink for small swirls on frosting. Leaf green for small holly leaves on frosting. White for vertical stripes on cupcake bottom, wavy lines on frosting and the highlight on cherries.
- Let paint dry before hanging ornaments on tree.