SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 100% cotton white doilies: assorted shapes & sizes
- Stiffy® fabric stiffener
- iDye fabric dye, 1 pkg each: Brilliant Blue, Turquoise, Kelly Green or colors to suit decor
- Matching thread
- Sewing needle
- Painter's small paintbrush
- Curtain rod
- 1 pkg hooks
- Stove top pans: to dye doilies
- 26-oz noniodized salt
- Newspaper, paper towels
1. Prepare a large, dry workspace by laying down newspaper or paper towels.
2. Following directions on iDye packets, dye the doilies. Allow doilies to dry overnight. Keep dye available for next step.
3. To enhance the color on the edges of the doily, dip paintbrush into the dye and brush along the edges of doily. After each doily has re-dyed edges, allow to dry up to 5 hours.
4. Apply fabric stiffener to doilies, following package directions. Allow doilies to dry.
5. Create 36"x18" arrangement. Sew doilies together with matching thread. Apply hooks to top of arrangement. Connect hooks to rod and hang.