Colorful Handpainted Birdhouse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Best Value Ready-to-finish wooden birdhouse
- Acrylic paint: blue, red, turquoise, lime green
- Gloss spray varnish
- Brushes: #2 filbert, 3/8" angular, 1/2" flat or angular Detail/liner brush
- Circle template, optional
- Basecoat birdhouse, red; roof, turquoise; porch, green; base and fence, blue. Apply a second coat for good coverage. Paint the interior of the hole blue and the perch turquoise.
- Using the circle template, trace 5-6 circles on each side of the roof or simply draw them by hand. Paint inside the circles.
- Paint green stems and leaves with the detail brush.
- Using the handle end of the brushes, dot on a contrasting color for the flower petals.
- Add dots around the birdhouse hole and along the bottom of the picket fence and the birdhouse. Spray with gloss varnish to protect.