SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Liquid Dye: Lime
- Favorite Tote/purse pattern (we used McCalls 5897)
- Fabrics and supplies as indicated by pattern (fabric should be 100% cotton, fabrics with more white/light areas will pop more dye color)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- Washing machine
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash fabric before dyeing.
2. Shake bottle well. Use 1 bottle of dye per 2 lbs. of dry fabric; use 2 bottles for dark or bright colors.
3. Fill washer with hot water. Add dye and 1 cup of salt to water; let agitate. Dampen fabric then add to water; do not overload machine. Extend wash cycle to 30 minutes. When cycle is complete, run cold rinse cycle and wash fabric again.
Machine dry fabric or lay flat to dry.
4. Immediately clean washer with hot water and 1 cup of bleach, running a full cycle.
5. Cut and sew tote according to pattern directions.