SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds. of 60" turquoise knit fabric
- 2-1/2 yds. of 60" brown knit fabric ( for lining of skirt and t-shirt)
- Any simple tank top pattern
- Any simple flared skirt pattern with elastic waistband
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- 1 yd. of 1-1/4" elastic for belt (optional)
- Belt closure (optional)
1. All seams are 5/8" unless noted otherwise.
2. Tape pattern side seams together to make one skirt. Measure over and add 6" to the width at center front of skirt and draw a curve line down to the side seam at hemline.
3. Cut out skirt of both fabrics. With right sides together sew from center front along curved lines to other center front. Turn right sides out. Add waistband with directions of pattern. Sew skirt front together 6" from edges (6" seam allowance), sewing down 9" or desired length for front cascade.
4. Optional belt: Cut elastic to waist measurement. Cut knit 3-1/2"x60". Fold knit in half and sew length wise, turn and insert elastic, sew at the ends to secure. Add buckle.
5. Make tank according to pattern.