Comfy Canine Sweater
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sensations yarns: 2 skeins Sumptuous - blue/brown and 1 skein Beautiful - brown
- Size 10-1/2" knitting needles
- Size 13 knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- Velcro brand snag-free fasteners
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Using size 10-1/2" needles and Beautiful yarn, cast on loosely 36 stitches. Work in K2, P2, ribbing for 4".
- Change to size 13 needles and using Sumptuous yarn, knit across and decrease 4 stitches evenly spaced across row (32 stitches).
- Next row: Knit 3, Purl 26, Knit 3.
- Next row: Knit across. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until piece measure 8"from collar, ending with a purl row.
- Knit 3, knit 2 tog, knit across to last 5 stitches, knit 2 tog, knit 3. Next row: repeat step 3.
- Continue to decrease every other row until 20 stitches remain. Work steps 3 and 4 until piece measures 15", ending with a purl row. Knit 3 rows. Bind off loosely.
- On left side, with right side facing, pick up and knit 3 stitches 10"from collar. Knit every row until strap measures 5". Repeat on right side, beginning 9" from collar so straps line up.
- Sew collar seam. Weave in ends. Sew Velcro fasteners on straps.
Comfy Canine Sweater is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Vernie from comfy canine sweater Fast easy and my dog loves it.
Date published: 2009-08-30