SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall's® pattern M6521
- 3/8 yd 60" fabric
- 3/8 yd sew-in interfacing
- 5/8 yd 45" lining
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Assemble hat following the pattern directions for View G.
- From fabric remnants, cut a 6-1/2" x 8-1/2" rectangle for bow and a 3" by 4" rectangle for loop.
- Fold the larger rectangle, right sides together, matching the 6-1/2" edges. Stitch edges with a 1/4" seam, leaving an opening to turn. Turn and slip stitch opening closed.
- Fold small rectangle, right sides together, matching the 4" sides. Stitch edge with 1/4" seam. Turn. Form into a loop, overlapping ends 1/2", and hand stitch to secure.
- Place loop in desired position near side of brim and tack to hat, placing the seam of loop against hat.
- Slip bow into loop and arrange as desired.
Hint: Several bows can be made to coordinate with various outfits.