SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Heartland:
- Black Canyon, 1 ball (A)
- Acadia, 1 ball (B)
- or colors of choice
- Lion Brand® stitch marker
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Circular knitting needle size 8 (5 mm), 16” (40.5 cm) long
- Tape measure
Finished Circumference About 25” (63.5 cm)
Finished Height About 10” (25.5 cm)
18 1/2 sts + 20 rnds = about 4” (10 cm) over Slip St pattern.
BE SURE TO CHECK GAUGE.
When matching the gauge in a pattern, the project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes fewer stitches and rows to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
kfb (knit into front and then back)
An increase worked as follows:
1. Knit the next st through the front loop, but do not remove the st from the left hand needle.
2. Knit the same st once more, this time inserting the needle through the back loop of the st. This will have created 2 loops (sts) on the right hand needle.
3. Drop the st from the left hand needle – it has increased 1 st.
K4, p4 Rib (worked over a multiple of 8 sts)
Rnd 1: *K4, p4; rep from * to end of rnd.
Rep Rnd 1 for K4, p4 Rib.
Slip St Pattern (worked over a multiple of 3 sts)
Rnd 1: With B, *k2, sl 1 wyib; rep from * to end of rnd.
Rnd 2: With B, knit.
Rnd 3: With A, *sl 1 wyib, k2; rep from * to end of rnd.
Rnd 4: With A, knit.
Rep Rnds 1-4 for Slip St pattern.
1. Cowl is worked in the rnd in Slip St pattern, with ribbed top and bottom edges.
2. With yarn in front (wyif) refers to the side of the work facing while working the row; with yarn in back (wyib) refers to the side of the work that is away from while working the row.
3. To move yarn from front to back or back to front, bring yarn between needles. Take care not to wrap yarn over a needle, this could create an additional st.
With A, cast on 112 sts. Place marker for beg of rnd. Join by working the first st on left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle and being careful not to twist sts.
Work in K4, p4 Rib until piece measures about 1-1/2" (4 cm) from beg.
Increase Rnd: *K2, kfb, k1, p4, (k4, p4) 6 times; rep from * once more – 114 sts at the end of this rnd.
Join B. Do not cut A. Carry color not in use up the wrong side of work.
Work in Slip St pattern until piece measures about 8-1/2” (21.5 cm) from beg, end with a Rnd 2. Note: End with a Rnd 2 means that the last rnd you work should be a Rnd 2.
Decrease Rnd: With A, *k2, k2tog, k53; rep from * once more – 112 sts.
With A, work in K4, p4 Rib for 1 1/2 in. (4 cm).
Weave in ends.
beg = beginning
k = knit
p = purl
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
rnd(s) = round(s)
sl = slip
st(s) = stitch(es)