Cone Flower Chalkboard Sign
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12”x12” Cardstock Paper Stack Brights
- 12”x12” Cardstock Paper Stack Jewels
- Leaf template
- Rose template
- Corner rounder punch
- Scoring tool
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Paper trimmer
- Scrapbook embellishments
- Oval chalkboard
- Chalk markers
1. Cut extra large, large, medium, and small squares from various colors of cardstock to make the flower petals. For the large flower shown, cut a set of 5-1/2”, 5”, 4-1/2”, 4”, 3-1/2”, and 3” squares; for a smaller flower, reduce these measurements by 1”-2”.
2. Round the top corner of each square with the corner rounder paper punch.
3. Roll each square into a cone shape, rounded corner at the top, securing in place with hot glue.
4. Cut a large circle for the base of the flower. The back cover of the stack is one possibility for a sturdy base.
5. Glue the bottom tips of the largest set of flower petals to the circle base, the top radiating out from the center as shown. Glue the next set of petals around the previous layer of petals. Continue adding layers until all sizes of petals have been used.
6. To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Using the leaf template as a guide, cut some shapes from desired cardstock colors. Score and fold each leaf down the center. Glue the leaves to the back of the flower.
7. If desired, construct a rose for the center of the flower use the template as a guide for the shape, rolling it into place.
8. Hot glue cone flower to chalkboard adding embellishments.
9. Write setiment with chalk markers.