SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Oval shaped wood beads
- Golden rings
- Etched shell focal
- 4mm gold beads
- Large jump rings
- Gold headpins
- Gold link chain
- Gold lobster clasp
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
1. Creating connecting pieces: Take an oval wood bead and two 4mm gold beads; thread them through a headpin and finish off by making loops at each end. Make 8 of these connectors.
2. Creating dangling pieces: Take an oval wood bead and two 4mm gold beads; thread them through a headpin and finish off by making loop at one end only. Make 6 of these dangling ends.
3. Cut two lengths of chain, 6" long each.
4. To assemble the pieces: Take one large golden ring and attach two of the pieces done in step 1. Take the opposite end of each connector set and attach to different golden ring pieces using the large jump rings.
5. To the series on the left attach two dangling pieces done in step 2 and one connector piece done in step 1.
6. To the series on the right attach another golden ring at the end. Link center golden ring and left side bottom ring with a connector done in step 1.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 to create the right hand side of the necklace.
8. Attach the etched shell focal to the center golden ring using 2 jump rings linked together.
9. Take the connector piece of the left series and its counterpart on the right side and bring them together with a large gold ring. Complete it with 2 dangling pieces done in step 2.
10. Finish the piece by attaching the link chain to each of the golden rings on the top and using a lobster clasp.