Conso Ready-To-Finish Lampshades
CHANDELIERS ARE THE NEW CHIC
The chandelier is an essential decorating component in many homes. Chandeliers were once only seen in the dining room, but trendy home decorators also love to use them to accessorize a bedroom or bath.
Conso® Lifestyle offers three ready-to-finish designer lampshade shapes. Finish them with bright, fun fabrics and trims to give your room a burst of color and interest. Many existing chandeliers can be repainted and refreshed with embellished lampshades for a an exciting new look!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Conso® ready-to-finish lampshade: chandelier shade
- 9 yds decorative ribbon: larger shades may require more*
- Self-adhesive mini pompom trim
1. Remove the protective paper on shade.
2. Place 2" of the ribbon on the inside top of the shade and bring down around the front side of the shade and back up the inside.
3. Pull the ribbon up through the top and continue back down around the front, slightly overlapping 1st course of ribbon.
4. Continue until the shade is completely covered. Adhere the end of the ribbon to the inside of the shade.
5. Trim the top and bottom of the shade with mini pompom trim.
Wrap shade with ribbon before removing protective paper to determine amount needed. If using adhesive ribbon or trim, do not remove protective paper from the shade. Non-adhesive ribbon or trim may be used. Glue the ribbon or trim inside the shade and wrap as in Step 2.
CONTEMPORARY, CASUAL, SOPHISTICATED, CLASSIC AMERICAN OR EUROPEAN CHIC
Whatever your style, make it with Conso® Lifestyle ready-to-finish accessories. This red lampshade is covered with a rich microfiber fabric and luxurious, self-adhesive beaded trim. The blue lampshade is embellished with adhesive designer motifs and decorative trim.
When choosing fabric, hold it up to the light to get an idea how the light will filter through once the shade is made and placed in your home or office.
Lighting, whether subtle or dramatic, can make a personal statement when decorating. Foster your creative side; add some fun and whimsy to decorating by making accessories, like frames, wastebaskets and tissue boxes, from unexpected fabric choices and trims. Adding these little touches is a simple way to achieve a designer look.
Bring a small measuring tape to figure how much trim or fabric is needed for each project.