Contemporary Floral Sconces
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 pkg foam blocks
- 2 pkgs moss cloth
- 2 pkgs green moss rocks
- 1 pkg green floral tape
- 1 pkg floral wire
- 3 pkgs floral netting
- Eight 27" Allium stems
- Two 18" green grass bushes
- Wire cutters
- Low-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Sharp knife
- Old garden gloves & safety glasses
- Wrap several floral wires with green floral tape.
- Unwind floral netting and place on flat surface. Press folds flat. Fold in half lengthwise and crease center fold.
- Start wrapping the floral netting along the folded edge into a cone shape. Secure in several places along edges using covered floral wires. Bend all sharp points over edges.
- Scrunch the pointed end together and mold end into a curl.
- Place one hand inside of cone and press the exterior of cone with other hand to square off shape so it is no longer round.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to make a total of 3 square cones. Cones shown are approximately 22"x10", 20"x10" and 18"x10".
- To wire the cones together, place the longest cone straight down on a flat surface. Place the medium-size cone at an angle with the curl to the right side. Wire the two cones together in several places. Position the last cone at an angle with the curl to the left side. Wire all cones together. Finished size is approximately 27"x17".
- Cut both sheets of moss cloth in half. Use one half-sheet for each cone. Place inside cone and push to bottom. Turn the excess across top to the inside 1-1/2" below the top of each cone.
- Fill each cone with foam to the top of the moss cloth.
- Cut the grass bushes into individual pieces and insert in the center of each cone. Repeat with the allium stems. Refer to photo for placement.
- Glue moss rocks on top of foam around the floral design.