Contemporary Votive Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2"x3" pine board
- Votive candles - smaller base
- 1/2" Forstner bit
- Permanent marker
- 220 grit sand paper
- Wood glue
- Wire nailing brads
- Metallic spray paint
1. Cut the 1/2"x3" pine lumber to length. Use a small saw to make the cut.
2. Mark the location of the votive candles along the board. Space them evenly apart, leaving 2" space at each end. Mark each location with a permanent marker.
3. Drill holes using the 1/2" Forstner bit. Make sure the bit is the same size as the votive candle base. Drill through the wood until it breaks through, then flip the board over to finish the hole, this will eliminate tear out and leave a smooth hole.
4. Cut two "feet" using the 1/2"x3" board. The feet should be 1" wide.
5. Attach the feet to the bottom of the longer board, 1/2" from the ends.
6. Use wood glue to attach the feet, and secure with wire brads.
7. Sand the entire piece with 220 grit sandpaper to prep it for painting.
8. Spray the piece with metallic spray paint, using light even coats. It will take several coats to complete the piece.