SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Coral Couture Premium Stacks
- 5/8" satin ribbon: robin’s egg blue
- 3/8" wide satin ribbon: 3 colors
- Small gold brads
- Medium brads with gems in the center
- Paper punches: flower, butterfly
- Decoupage glue
- Paper trimmer
- Pencil or small dowel
1. Select 7 prints and 2 solid color papers. Cut a 6" square from each of the 7 prints. Cut two 2¾" squares from each solid; cut one from 3 prints, for a total of 7 squares. Adhere a small square to the back of each large square; align them in the top corner, leaving a small white border around the top two sides.
2. Once squares are ready, take the first one and wrap it into a cone shape with the main print facing out and the inside square showing at the top. Adhere the edge to the outside of cone. Repeat for each cone.
3. Cut seven 17" lengths of ribbon in alternating colors. Choose a length of ribbon and a cone. Measure 4½" up from one end of the ribbon and 3/4" down from the 4½" point. Fold the rest of the ribbon behind to the original point. Fold the ribbon back down (2 folds) so that it hangs freely. Use brad to attach the ribbon to the side of the cone at the 4½" mark, catching the folds. Secure inside the cone. Repeat for the other side; trim. Repeat for each cone.
4. Cut a 72" length of 5/8" blue ribbon. Beginning 19" from the end of the ribbon, tie cones onto the ribbon, 4" apart. Trim excess ribbon.
5. Embellish a few cones by punching multiple flowers for each one. Curl the petals with the end of a pencil or another small thin object. Stack these together and secure in the middle with a brad. Repeat as desired. Or, embellish cones with punched butterflies. Stack shapes and adhere them to the outside of cone. Hang garland. Fill as desired.