SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fourteen different 1/2 yd pieces of Buttercream™ Cosette Collection fabric
- Backing fabric for quilt, size desired
- Batting for quilt, size desired
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
Note: Directions are for twin size. Full size directions are in parenthesis. 1/4" seam allowance throughout.
- Cut each of the fourteen 1/2 yd prints into four 4" x WOF strips. Trim the selvedges off each end of the strips.
- Make four piles of strips with one of each print in each pile. This will help assure that the prints are spread throughout the quilt top.
- The overall design of the quilt is to look like wood flooring, where the wood pieces are in various lengths and the joins are staggered throughout the floor. To achieve this look, start with one of the four piles and sew the short ends of the prints together to form 70" (80") strips. Cut the prints into some smaller portions and sew them together to form the longer strips, keeping in mind the flooring concept. Press the seams open or to one side as desired. After all the strips in the first pile are used, go to the second and repeat until all the piles have been used.
- Tip: It is helpful to lay the strips out on a bed or the floor in sequence to see how the colors and prints are flowing, with no obvious duplication of prints or colors close by.
- When the strips are all sewn and lined up in sequence, sew the strips together.
- Trim the edges to square up.
- Sandwich, quilt and bind the quilt.
Items in This Collection