Covered Book Jacket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd fabric
- Hard bound book
- Iron & pressing surface
- Flexible measuring tape
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. With flexible measuring tape, measure book from back inside cover all the way around to the front inside cover, add 1" to this measurement.
2. Measure the height of the book and add 1".
3. Cut fabric to measurement.
4. Press under 1/2" on each short side and stitch in place.
5. Measure the inside cover.
6. With right sides together, fold edges in toward the center equal to the inside cover measurement.
7. Using a 1/2" seam allowance, sew along top and bottom.
8. Turn right side out and slip over book.