SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Homespun®: 1 skein Barrington or color of choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size K-10.5
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Small sharp scissors
- 1-1/4 yard Anti-Pill fleece fabric, Very Berry
Poncho can be made to any size desired by cutting the fleece fabric to an appropriately sized square.
1. Measure and cut a 42" square from fleece fabric. Fold fabric in half to find the center. Centered along this folded edge, cut a 12½" wide and 1/4" deep opening for neck.
2. Fold edge of neck about 1/2" to wrong side. With sharp scissors, cut through folded edge to make small slits spaced about 3/8" apart all around the neck. Should have approximately 75 slits.
Place a slip knot on the crochet hook.
Join Yarn to Fleece: Insert crochet hook from right side to wrong side through any slit, yarn over the hook and draw the loop back through slit and through slip knot on hook. One loop remains on your hook.
First Round: [Yarn over and draw through loop on hook] 3 times (this makes a chain 3 to begin the round), *yarn over, insert hook from right side to wrong side through next slit, yarn over and draw loop back through slit (2 loops remain on hook), [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice (this makes a double crochet); repeat from * all the way around the neck opening. Feel free to skip slits as desired to make a smaller Cowl. At the end of the round, join the last stitch to the chain-3 with a slip stitch.
Second Round: Chain 3, then make a double crochet in each double crochet around. Join, just as in the First Round.
Repeat the Second Round until the Cowl measures about 7". Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread yarn tail into blunt needle, then weave in and out of the Cowl to secure. Repeat with the beginning yarn tail.
SIZE: About 42" x 42"