Craft Foam Camping People
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bucket of craft foam "marshmallows"
- Foam Sheets, 1 each of: green, royal, neon, yellow, red, orange, hot pink, white (enlarge pattern approx. 50%)
- Chenille stems, black
- Scissors or craft knife
- Decorative edge scissors
- Standard hole punch
- White craft glue or low temp glue gun*
- Glitter glue
- Ultra fine point permanent marker
*Only use low temp glue gun with adult supervision
- Campground Mat, 8-1/2" x 11-1/2"
- Marshmallow Campers, 1" W x 2-3/4" H
- Fire, 2" W x 1-1/2" H
- Tent, 4" x 6"
- Tree, 4" H
- Cut edge of 9" x 12" green foam sheet with decorative scissors to create campground mat.
- Cut a piece of royal foam to 4" x 6". Score foam down the center so it can be bent into a "tent" and glue to green base.
- Cut out tree pattern and trace onto neon foam and then cut out tree. Glue tree to base; cut a small triangle to anchor the tree so it doesn't fall over.
- Cut three 1/2" x 2" strips out of brown foam. Crisscross logs and glue in place on green base.
- Cut out flame patterns; trace onto desired color of foam; using scissors or craft knife, cut out flame. Using photo as a guide, assemble fire and embellish with glitter glue. Glue fire to logs.
- Using photo as a guide, assemble "marshmallow" people and detail with permanent marker. Punch circle out of hot pink foam for cheeks and glue to girl's face. Cut out orange nose and glue to boy's face. Glue eyes in place. Add brown chenille stems to both campers.
- Cut small rectangle out of brown foam and use marker to write chocolate on it and glue to boy's hand.
- Refer to photo. Cut small rectangles out of white foam and glue back-to-back on black chenille stem for marshmallows, then glue to girl's chenille stem hand.