Cre8 More Inspiration Journal
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Stampendous® wood mounted stamps:Cattus LibrumDistressed AlphabetScrolled MedallionPeacock FeatherLarge Tag
- 7gypsies® 5'x7' Vertical Naked Book
- DecoArt® Dimensional Effects
- DecoArt® Americana™ Acrylic Paints:CottonballPansy LavenderSpa BlueLemonadeDesert TurquoiseBright Orange
- Cricut™:Cutting Machine by Provocraft®Basecamp Alphabet Cartridge
- Stampendous®:5-jar Embossing Powder Kit - Lodestar5-jar Embossing Powder Kit - Aperture5-jar Glitter Kit - Glitter and Ice
- Cardstock: white, turquoise, orange, Kraft
- Denim fabric
- 1/4' Super Tape by Therm O Web
- Fast Finish™ Decoupage Medium
- Zip Dry™ Paper Glue
- Onyx Black VersaFine™ Ink
- Vintage Sepia VersaFine™ Ink
- Sponge daubers
- VersaMark™ Watermark Ink
- VersaMarker™ Watermark Ink Pen
- Various ribbons
- Bakers twine
- Embossing heat tool
- Colored pencils
- Sewing machine
- Light blue thread
- Foam brushes
- Palette knife
- Palette tray
- Water container
- Computer & printer
- Paper trimmer
- 1/4' circle punch
1. Roughly base coat entire cover and all pages with white paint. Allow to dry.
2. Use palette knife to apply two areas of Dimensional Effects embossing paste.
3. When Dimensional Effects is almost dry, press Distressed Alphabet stamp into damp paste to leave impression. Clean stamp immediately with water or stamp cleaner.
4. When Dimensional Effects is completely dry, use a foam brush to apply Desert Turquoise and Lemonade paint in random areas as shown in photo.
5. Print “I resolve to" and “Inspiration Journal" on white cardstock with computer printer.
6. Use paper trimmer to cut printed cardstock phrases into triangles as shown.
7. Edge triangles with orange paint using sponge brush. Distress slightly with Vintage Sepia Ink and sponge dauber.
8. Glue triangles to book cover as shown using Zip Dry.
9. Cut out “cre" and “more" from turquoise cardstock using Cricut and Basecamp Cartridge. 1' high.
10. Cut out “8" from orange cardstock using Cricut and Basecamp Cartridge. 2' high.
11. Edge letters with sepia ink and sponge dauber. Glue to cover as shown with Zip Dry.
12. Stamp Cattus Librum in Onyx Black ink on white cardstock. Color with colored pencils.
13. Glue stamped cat image to book cover as shown with Zip Dry.
14. Apply two coats of fast finish to entire cover with sponge brush, allow drying time between coats.
1. Apply Spa Blue and Turquoise paint over entire page randomly with sponge brush.
2. Apply Lemonade, Pansy Lavender and Desert Turquoise paint with foam brush to the rubber image of Peacock Feather.
3. Stamp Peacock feather in paint on a 6'x6' square of denim fabric.
4. Re-ink and stamp two more times near first image.
5. When paint has dried, fold under sides and top stitch to create sides of pocket.
6. Fold top under and top stitch across to create pocket top.
7. Fold bottom to a point and top stitch to create pocket bottom
8. Add top stitching through center of pocket if desired.
9. Adhere sides and bottom of pocket to page with Zip Dry Adhesive.
10. Slide paint chips from local hardware store into pocket for color inspiration.
11. Stamp large tag stamp twice on kraft cardstock with VersaFine Sepia ink.
12. Use colored pencils to color “reinforcer" on tag.
13. Punch a 1/4" hole through “reinforcer" center.
14. For Glitter and Ice Kit Tag - Apply strips of Super tape to areas of tag as shown. Sprinkle each product from kit on one strip and rub on exposed tape strip to adhere.
15. For Lodestar Embossing Kit Tag - Use VersaMarker to create various patterns and sprinkle each with one embossing powder from kit. Do one color at a time. Heat each to set.
16. Loop strands of Baker’s Twine through holes in tags. Glue finished tags to page with Zip Dry.
1. Finish other pages using similar techniques and assemble book with rings provided.
2. Tie 6' pieces of various ribbons to binding rings. Trim ribbons.