Create a Classic Bow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Makes 6" diameter bow:
- 3 yds wired-edge ribbon, 1-1/2" wide
- 24-gauge wire
- Wire cutter
- Pencil or white quilting pencil
- To make the first streamer, measure 10" from one end of the ribbon and mark lightly. For loops, begin at the streamer mark and measure 10" and mark lightly. Repeat 8 times.
- To form the first loop, place streamer mark next to first loop mark. When using one-sided ribbon, twist the ribbon to the right side after each loop has been made. Gather the ribbon between your thumb and forefinger (see diagram A).
- To form the second loop, place second loop mark next to the gathered center (see diagram B). Gather the ribbon between your thumb & forefingers.
- Continue placing loop marks next to gathered center, forming loops on alternate sides. Make 9 loops.
- Use wire to secure bow. For the second streamer, trim ribbon to 10". Trim streamers and arrange loops.