Creating New Traditions Patriotic Door Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Creating New Traditions Patriotic Fabric by Fabric Traditions:
- 1 yd. Fabric A – Star 1 & 3
- 1/2 Yd Fabric B – Star 2
- 1/3 Yd. Fabric C – Corner of Star 1
- 1/3 Yd. Fabric D – Corner of Star 2
- 1-1/2 yds. 72F Extra Firm Peltex® 2 sided fusible
- 1 pkg Trans-Web Fusible Web Sheet-36"x 16"
- 2 yds. - 4" burlap ribbon
- 2 yds. twine
- Pipe cleaner
- Sewing machine
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Basic sewing supplies
- Peltex® 3 – 16" x 16" squares
- Fabric A – 4 - 16" x 16" squares
- Fabric B – 2 – 16" x 16" squares
- Fabric C & D - 1- 10" x 9" of each color
- Transweb – 2 – 10" x 9" pcs.
- Tape the star template pieces 1,2 and 3 together matching notching.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, press a piece of Fabric A to each side of a piece of the Peltex®. Make sure to press the wrong side of the fabric to the Peltex®. Repeat with the remaining 16" squares of fabric and Peltex®.
- Trace the star template on to each 16" square. Cut the stars out.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, press the Transweb to Fabric C & D.
- Trace the partial star template on the paper side of the Transweb. Cut out the pieces. Peel the paper off and press the pieces on to the corresponding stars.
- Set the machine to a tight zigzag stitch and stitch the inside lines along the partial star.
- Zigzag stitch around the outside edges of the stars.
- Using the burlap ribbon, make a double bow. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the center of the bow to hold it together and twist the remaining part of the pipe cleaner into a hanger.
- Wrap the piece of the twine around the center of the bow and tie it in the back the rest of the twine hanging down.
- Glue the stars to the twine spacing them about 3-1/2" from each other. Cut off the remaining twine behind the lowest star.