Creative Metal Tools & Tips
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Duck brand duct tape, white, yellow, orange
- Open your brown paper bag and cut down 1 vertical seam. Cut bottom off bag. Lay bag horizontally.
- Use a 4" piece of duct tape to seal edge on 1 of the short sides of rectangle. Trim extra tape. Covering bag completely with duct tape will make it stronger.
- Roll bag into one shape, duct tape side out. Roll cone tightly for smaller bag; for larger bag, roll cone loosely.
- Secure inner seam of bag with strip of duct tape. Tape down outer seam using colored duct tape -- matching the colors as it is sealed. Trim a little bit off the top of bag to give it conic look.
- Close bottom of bag by cutting small slits into end. Fold small edges onto each other & secure with small pieces of tape.
- For handle, make double-sided duct tape strip to desired length. To make a double-sided strip cut 2 pieces of duct tape to length. Lay 1 strip, sticky side up, on work surface. Place second strip on top. sticky side down. Attach handle to inside of the bag using strips of duct tape.
- Add a few strips of Reflective Tape for safety, then it is off through the neighborhood!