Creative Pencil Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow® Rustic Pallet, 12” x 11”
- Krylon® Chalkboard Paint, Black
- Ball® Jar, Quilted
- Loew Cornell® Transform Mason, Frog Lid Inserts
- Marvy® Bistro Chalk Marker, White
- Chalk, regular
- Washi tape
- Silk flowers
- Ball head quilter’s pins
- Metal hose clamp for jar
- 2 screws
- Wire cutters
- Paper towel or soft cloth
1. Spray Rustic Pallet with Black Chalkboard Paint. Follow manufacturer’s instructions. Allow to dry thoroughly.
2. Rub chalk piece over each slat to condition Chalkboard. Wipe excess off with paper towel or soft cloth.
3. Use Bistro Chalk Marker to write message and decorate Rustic Pallet.
4. Attach clamp to Pallet with drill and 2 screws.
5. Note: Depending on the metal clamp used, it might be easier to drill small “starter holes” first.
6. Place Frog Lid Insert on jar, attach lid. Attach jar to clamp.
7. Wrap washi paper around sharpened pencils.
8. Note: Add a little glue to each end of the washi paper to help it remain wrapped around the pencil.
9. Use ball head pins to press into pencil eraser to hold silk flowers. Use wire cutters to shorten pins if necessary.