Start with basic fascinators. Add on fun, frilly netting, trims and sparkles; then you’re off to tea with the Queen, or your best friends!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- We Made It by Jennifer Garner Fascinators Kit
- Feed a chenille wire through the holes in muslin flower strip, gathering along the way. Pull gathering close to end of wire.
- Roll the gathered muslin strip into a flower shape and twist chenille wire to secure.
- Decorate the fascinator by threading the same chenille wire through the hole in the sequined disk and twist to secure. Repeat with another sequined disk on the opposite end of the chenille wire.
- Assemble fascinator by sliding end of headband through the first hole on the felt disk. Slide leaves onto the headband so they will be on top of the felt disk when headband goes through the other hole. Slide headband through the second hole on felt disk to ceate a base.
- Slide organza strips under the band and tie to secure.
- Twist the chenille around the headband to attach the sequined accent and rolled flower.
Create alternate ideas to personalize your fascinator.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- We Made It by Jennifer Garner Fascinator Kit
- Tacky glue
- Wire cutters
- Tinsel, pompoms or star flake crystal beads
- Metallic star flake and star beads
- Faceted crystal beads
- Glitter tulle or metallic chenille stems
- Be sure to work on a covered works surface. While assembling the fascinator following the package directions, look for opportunities to personalize.
- Add some glitter tulle gathered together as a base before adding the flower.
- Add crystals and other beads that fit on chenille stems to make additional petal shapes that extend out from under the flower.
- Cut the chenille stem in half and slide the beads on the chenille stem covering up to 1/2 of the stem.
- Slide the beads to the center of the stem, twist the ends of the stem together and fasten to the headband to secure the petals.
- Glue beads to center of flower. Be sure the glue is dry before wearing the fascinator.