Creepy Cupcake Crawlers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Standard muffin pan
- Halloween cupcake liners
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling grid
- Decorating tips: 2, 3, 16
- Spooky Ghost standard baking cups
- Round cookie cut-outs
- Rolling pin
- Decorating bags
- Paring knife
- Icing colors: leaf green, lemon yellow, black
- Favorite cupcake recipe
- Favorite roll-out cookie dough
- Buttercream icing
- Bake cupcakes following favorite recipe. Let cool.
- Tint cookie dough green. Roll dough out and cut head for each cupcake using medium round cut-out. Roll remaining dough into 1/2" diameter rope.
- Cut rope into 4" lengths and position on cookie sheet to form legs following pattern shape. Make 8 legs for each cupcake. Note: Reverse the pattern to create left legs.
- Place round cookies on cookie sheet along with legs. Bake in oven following roll-out dough package directions; let cool.
- To create green buttercream icing shown, combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow icing colors. On cupcake top, use piping tip 16 pull-out star to make body. On head, use pipe tip 3 ball for eyes, use tip 2 dot for pupils and nose. Outline mouth with tip 2.
- Position head on front of cupcake; insert legs.