Crochet Baby Hat & Booties
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 skeins Lion Brand Nature's Choice organic cotton yarn, Dusty Blue
- Size J-10 crochet hook
- Large-eyed blunt needle
SIZE: Pattern is written for smallest size with changes for larger sizes in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
HAT: 0 -- 6 months (6 -- 12 months, 12 -- 18 months, 2 -- 3 years)
BOOTIES: 0-6 months (6-12 months)
GAUGE: 12 half double crochet + 9 rows = 4". BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
Chain 38 (41, 44, 47).
- Row 1: Work a half double crochet in the 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across 36 (39, 42, 45) half double crochet.
- Row 2: Chain 2, turn. Work a half double crochet in each half double crochet across. Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 6"(6 1/2", 7", 7 1/2") from beginning. Fasten off, leaving a long tail.
- Fold Hat in half, bringing side edges together. Thread yarn tail into large-eyed needle and sew stitches of last row together for back seam.
- Chain 24 (24, 30, 30) for tie; work half double crochet across neck edge of Hat, then chain 24 (24, 30, 30) for 2nd tie. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
BOOTIES: Make 2
- Chain 15 (17).
- Row 1: Work a half double crochet in the 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across.
- Row 2: Chain 2, turn. Work a half double crochet in each half double crochet across. Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 3"(4") from beginning. Fasten off, leaving a long tail.
Thread yarn tail into large-eyed needle; weave through stitches of last row and pull together tightly for toe. With same tail, and beginning at toe, seam edges together for about 2"for top of foot. At opposite end of bootie, seam edges from top edge to about halfway down for heel. Flatten remaining opening at heel and sew across, forming a T-shaped back seam. With the right side facing, join yarn with a slip stitch at top of heel seam. Chain 2, work half double crochet evenly spaced around this edge; join with a slip stitch in first half double crochet. Fasten off. Weave in ends.