Crochet Pencil Case
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bernat® Handicrafter® Cotton (340 g/12 oz; 556 m/608 yds) 1 ball, Mango Madness Ombre
- Size U.S. H/8 crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3 buttons
- Approximately (Approx) 8" long x 5" wide.
- 13 sc and 14 rows = 4".
- Ch 28.
- Row 1: [RS]. 1 single crochet (SC) in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of chain. Turn. 27 sc.
- Row 2: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
- Rep last row until work from beg measures 10”, ending on a WS row.
- Buttonhole row: Next row: [RS]. Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 3 sc. *Ch 3. Skip next 3 sc [buttonhole]. 1 sc in each of next 6 sc. Rep from * once more. Ch 3. Skip next 3 sc. 1 sc in each of last 3 sc. Turn.
- Next row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 3 sc. *3 sc in next ch-3 space [sp]. 1 sc in each of next 6 sc. Rep from * once more. 3 sc in next ch-3 sp. 1 sc in each of last 3 sc. Turn.
- Next row: Skip first sc. 5 half double crochet [hdc] in next sc. *Skip next sc. Slip stitch [sl st] in next sc. Skip next sc. 5 hdc in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Sl st in last sc. Fasten off.
- With RS facing, join yarn with sl st to first remaining [rem] loop of
- foundation ch. Working in rem loops of foundation ch, Skip first ch. 5 hdc in next ch. *Skip next ch. Sl st in next ch. Skip next ch. 5 hdc in next ch. Rep from * to end of row. Sl st in last ch. Fasten off.
- Fold piece in half. Sew side seams. Sew buttons to inside of Pencil Case to correspond to
- Approx = Approximate(ly)
- Beg = Begin(ing)
- Ch = Chain
- Hdc = Half double crochet
- Rem = Remain(ing)
- Rep = Repeat
- RS = Right side
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sp = Space
- WS = Wrong side