SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn, 1 skein each:
Medium Purple (A) & Artist Print (B)
- 6.5mm Crochet hook (US K-10.5)
- 1 pair 6" diameter Round purse handles
- 3/4" Button
- Yarn needle
Bag is 17"Wx9-1/2"H without handles.
12 sc = 4"; 14 rows = 4". CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Sc2tog = [draw up a loop in next st] twice, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
With A, ch 59.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 58 sts.
Rows 2-59: Ch 1, sc in the back loop of each sc across ; turn.
Row 60: Ch 1, sc in each st across. Do not turn.
Rotate Bag 90º to work along side edge.
Row 1: Ch 1, sc 31 sts evenly along short edge; turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc2tog across, sc in last st; turn – 16 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc2tog, sc to last 2 sts, sc2tog; turn – 14 sts.
Rows 4-7: Ch 1, sc across; turn.
Fasten off, leaving a 12" tail.
With Right Side facing, join A at right corner of other short edge. Repeat Handle Flap directions.
With B, ch 5; join with a slip st to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), [dc in ring, ch 1] 5 times; join in 3rd ch of ch-4 – 6 dc.
Round 2: Ch 1, * (sc, 3 dc, sc) all in next ch-1 space; repeat from * around – 6 petals.
Round 3: Holding petals forward, * slip st in next dc from Round 1, ch 3; join.
Round 4: Ch 1, * (sc, hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc) all in next ch-3 space; repeat from * around; join.
Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, holding petals forward, * ch 4, sc between next 2 petals; repeat from * around; ch 4; join.
Round 6: Ch 1, * (sc, hdc, 5 dc, hdc, sc) all in next ch-4 space; repeat from * around; join. Fasten off.
1. Wrap Handle Flap over purse handle so that Row 7 of Flap meets Row 1. Sew securely. Repeat for 2nd handle.
2. Fold bag in half with right sides together. Working through both layers, join A 3" below handles, ch 1, sc down side edge. Fasten off. Repeat for 2nd side.
3. Gusset: With right sides together, fold bottom corner perpendicular to side seam to create a triangle at lower corner. With yarn needle, sew a seam approximately 2" across, perpendicular to side seam. Repeat for other corner.
4. Turn bag right side out. Sew flower to bag. Sew button in center of flower. Weave in ends.
A, B = Color A, Color B; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch (es); yo = yarn over; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.