Crocheted Loop Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 14" Soft n Crafty® Basic Pillow Form
- Medium weight yarn, about 350 yards
- Crochet hook – see yarn package for appropriate size
- Yarn needle
- Row 1: (wrong side row) skip 1st ch, sc in each ch to the end (40 sc)
- Row 2: (right side row) ch 1, turn, sc in first 4, ch 12, sc in next 4, [ch 12, sc in next 4] to the end (40 sc, 9 ch loops)
- Row 3: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc from previous row being sure to keep all ch loops on the right side (40 sc)
- Row 4: ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch (40 sc)
- Row 5: ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch (40 sc)
- Repeat rows 2-5 until there are a total of 49 rows, there will be 12 rows of loops at that point.
- Before working the last 2 rows connect the loops to create the cables. To do this start on the bottom (the loops from row and pull the loop above (from the second row of loops) through the center of the first loop, then pull the loop from the third row of loops through the loop from the second row of loop, continue working your way up until all of the loops in that column are connected, the last loop will be secured in the next row, repeat with each of the 9 columns of loops.
- Row 50: ch 1, turn, sc in first 4, sc in next stitch working through the top loop to secure, sc in next 3, [sc in next stitch working through the loop, sc in next 3] repeat to the end (40 sc)
- Row 51: ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch (40 sc)
- Cut yarn, finish off.
- ch 41
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch and each ch to the end (40 sc)
- Row 2-51: ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch (40 sc)
- Do not cut yarn.
- Crochet the back and front together:
- Place the back and front wrong sides together.
- Starting in the corner were the yarn is attached ch 1, turn and sc across the top working through both layers, work 3 sc in the corner, then work evenly down the side, try to get as close to 40 stitches as possible so that it is even with the top and bottom (designer ended up with 42 stitches on the sides not counting the corners), work 3 sc in the next corner then work 1 sc in each stitch along the bottom.
- Work around 3 sides.
- To form a pocket, slide the insert into the pocket. The insert will be a little big, so it will fit snugly inside the crocheted cover.
- Pull the edges of the last side together and crochet evenly up the side, try to get the same number of stitches as the other sides so that the sides are even.
- When you get back to the corner where you started, slip stitch to the first sc.
- Cut yarn, finish off and weave in ends.