Cross Stitch Triangle Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 300TC fabric: White 101?2" square
- Ultra-Weave™:101?2" square
- Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™: 6" square
- Fusible Fleece: 101?2" square
- Shape-Flex®: 101?2" square
- Perfect Loft® cluster fiberfill
- 101?2" square coordinating fabric
- Embroidery thread: 3 colors
- 8" embroidery hoop
- Water-soluble marker
- Sewing machine
- Triangles pattern at Joann.com®
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application of all interfacing. Seams are 1/4" unless otherwise indicated.
RS = Right Sides WS = Wrong Sides
1. Fuse the Ultra-Weave™ to the WS of the 300TC fabric & Shape-Flex® to the WS of coordinating fabric.
2. Mark the center point of both the 300TC & the Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™.
3. Remove paper backing from Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™. Finger press to RS of 300TC, matching center points.
4. Refer to pattern for stitching or transfer it to Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™ with water soluble marker. Secure all layers in embroidery hoop.
5. Cut an 18" length of embroidery floss. Separate the strands, one strand at a time. Put 3 strands back together. Thread needle; do not knot the end.
6. Start on the RS of the pattern. Bring the needle up at the intersection of the lines in the upper left corner of the first vertical row to be stitched. Leave a 1" tail on the back that should be encased in the first 4 stitches, insert the needle at the intersection of the lines in the lower right corner. Bring the needle up in the lower left corner intersection and travel to the next lower right corner intersection. Repeat this step until the last stitch in the row has the first half of the cross stitch.
7. Reverse direction and travel back up the row of vertical stitches, with the stitches crossing in the opposite direction (bottom left corner to top right corner). Insert the needle into previous holes for a straight and uniform appearance.
8. When a row is complete, travel to the left for the next row, then repeat Steps 6 and 7.
9. When stitching is complete, remove from hoop & submerge entire square in water to dissolve the Sticky-Grid-N-Wash™. Allow square to dry.
10. Fuse Fusible Fleece to the WS of the stitched square. Quilt as desired.
11. Place stitched square & coordinating fabric square with RS together & pin. Sew around all 4 sides; leave a 4" gap for turning.
12. Clip corners; turn RS out through the gap. Carefully push out corners.
13. Stuff pillow to desired level of fill. Hand stitch opening closed.