SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- White Standard Baking Cups
- Perfect Results® 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 16" x 10" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5 lb. Tub (5 cups makes 24 cupcakes)
- Color Right™ Performance Color System (tinting formulas below)
- 9" Angled Spatula
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tips: 12, 2D (two used), 3 (two used)
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix (4-1/2 cups batter makes 24 cupcakes)
Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount™ color formulas to tint icing in the following shades:
Summer Red (formula 032): 2 cups icing + 35 R + 7 O
Spring Blue (formula 2985): 2 cups icing + 5 B + 1 BK
Reserve 1 cup icing white.
- Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Tint icing. Tint icing red and blue following formulas above. Use spatula and red or blue icing to ice cupcakes smooth.
- Prepare decorating bags. Prepare one decorating bag with tip 12 and white icing. Prepare two decorating bags with tip 2D. Fill one bag with red icing and one with blue icing. Prepare two decorating bags with tip 3. Fill one bag with red icing and one with blue icing.
- Decorate teardrop design. With tip 12, pipe 12 teardrop shapes around cupcake, from edge to center. Fill in center of cupcake; smooth with spatula.
- Decorate flower. Use tip 2D to pipe drop flower in center of cupcake.
- Use tip 3 to pipe dots around petals in matching flower color. Pipe a dot flower center in contrasting color.