Crystal and Filigree Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Halcraft items:
- 10mm Faceted round AB crystals
- 10mm Filigree metal spacers
- Silver cruise line antique toggle
- Silver stringing kit
- Crimping tool
- Round-nose pliers
- Remove jump ring that holds both ends of the toggle together.
- Cut a 24" length of tigertail.
- Begin by threading one crimp bead to one end of the tigertail, through the loop on one end of the toggle, then thread end of tigertail back through crimp.
- Use crimping tool to crimp the bead, leaving a small loop of cord within which the toggle can move around easily.
- Thread the first several beads, covering the cut length of tigertail, approx. 1-2 inches to hide this end snugly in the beads. Begin by stringing one crystal bead, then one silver bead. Continue alternating these two bead types until you have used 18 of each bead. End with a crystal bead.
- When beading is completed, thread the other crimp bead on the end of the tigertail end, through the loop on the other toggle piece, then back through crimp bead and through several beads, approx. 1-2 inches.
- Pull cord gently until only the small loop is exposed between bead and toggle. Crimp bead, then carefully trim away excess cord that is coming up between the beads 1-2 inches away from the toggle. This will once again hide the excess cord snugly under the beads.