Crystal Chain and Fringe: Necklace, Wrap Bracelet, and Earring Set
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 21.81mm silver plated chain (6ft)
- 2 packs 61mm silver plated chain (6ft)
- 2 strands aqua/hematite AB glass crystal bead, 7" strand
- 6mm bright silver round cast beads
- 14mm sterling plated lobster clasp
- 4mm 20gauge sterling plated jump rings
- 2" sterling plated ball head pin
- 2" sterling plated eye pin
- Sterling plated French earwire
- Round nose pliers
- Long nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut a 16" and 17" length of the large chain. Connect the ends of the 16" and 17" chains with jump rings. Attach two jump rings to one side and attach one jump ring followed by one lobster clasp to the other.
2. Slide a cast bead onto a head pin. Find the center of the 16" chain and slide the head pin through that chain link. Slide on another cast bead, then a crystal. Find the center of the 17" chain and slide the head pin through that chain link. Slide on another crystal. Bend the wire at a 90° angle, trim it down to ¼", and then make a loop with the round nose pliers.
3. Repeat Step 2 on both sides of the center beaded pin. Slide the beaded pin 2 chain links down from the center pin on the 16" chain and the 17" chain.
4. Repeat Step 2 -3 more times on both sides of the beaded pins. For these pins, slide them 2 links down from their predecessors on the 16" chain and 3 links down on the 17" chain. (9 beaded pins total)
5. Cut a 6" length of small chain. Fold in half, and attach to the loop on the middle beaded pin. Cut two 8-1/2", 7-1/2", 6-1/2" and 5-1/2" lengths of small chain. Fold them in half and attach them to the remaining loops on the beaded pins, starting with the longest lengths in the middle, and finishing with the shortest lengths on the outside.
1. Slide 2 crystals and 2 cast beads on an eyepin. Make a wrapped loop after the cast beads to attach an earring finding to the eye pin. Cut 2"-4" lengths of small chain. Fold them in half unevenly, and attach the center links to the loop on the bottom of the eyepin.
2. Repeat for the second earring.
1. Cut 2-3 link chains out of the smaller chain. Attach a jump ring to one, and a lobster clasp to the other.
2. Attach an eye pin to the end of one of the links. Slide 2 crystals onto the eye pin, bend the eye pin at a 90° angle next to the crystals, trim it down to 1/4", and then make a loop with the round nose pliers.
3. Attach a 1" length of chain to the beaded pin from Step 2 chain lengths can vary for added interest.
4. Repeat Step 2 with a cast bead. Repeat Step 3 to attach another length of chain.
5. Continue alternating between the crystals and cast beads until chain measures between 14 and 14-1/2". Attach to the other chain from Step 1.