Crystal Christmas Tree Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip items: 13 Packages Fashion Design Iron-On Crystal Keeper Cordless Heat-Setting Tool Fashion Tweezers
- Long sleeve T-shirt in color of choice
- Fat quarter fabric in color of choice
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion Permanent Glue Pen
- Pressing cloth
- White chalk
- Cardboard to fit inside T-shirt
- Sewing pins
- Prewash T-shirt and fat quarter fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener in washer or dryer.
- Cut out tree pattern, then place on center front of shirt about 3" below neckline. Use white chalk to lightly trace around pattern. Carefully cut out center of design.
- Iron fat quarter fabric smooth.
- Open nine packages of Iron-on Designs. Use scissors to carefully cut excess paper from around design, cutting close to design.
- Peel backing paper from a design then place, turning design at an angle, at top of fat quarter fabric. Peel backing from next design and position directly under first. Add two more on either side almost meeting tips. Continue with last row matching up tips creating a tree shape.
- Cover with pressing cloth then iron in place following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool and carefully remove backing sheet.
- Carefully insert cardboard into T-shirt. Place fabric in T-shirt, positioning iron-on tree design within tree cutout. Pin in place to prevent slipping.
- Working in small sections at a time, lift up cut edge of T-shirt then squeeze a thin line of Fabric Fusion Permanent Glue onto fabric. Smooth with finger then press T-shirt into glue. Continue with remaining edges. Let glue dry.
- Iron crystal design at neckline, base of tree and on sleeve.
- Remove desired colors of crystals from Crystal Keeper. Use Fashion Tweezers to place crystals around edge of tree on T-shirt. Preheat Cordless Heat-Setting Tool following manufacturer's instructions. Gently touch tip of tool to top of crystal and hold for 5 seconds. Let crystal cool then touch with fingernail. If not adhered, apply more heat. Continue with remainder of crystals. Add random crystals to sleeves and within design on tree.
- Turn T-shirt inside out and trim excess fabric around tree design.