SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Black Felt Square
- Dritz® Sewing Notions:
- 1 Heavy Duty Snap Fastener
- Heavy Duty Snap Tool
- Hand sewing needle
- Dritz® Assorted Belle Buttons
- Dritz® Spray Temporary Adhesive
- Black thread
- Sewing machine
- Provided pattern template
- Trace cuff pattern onto folded 8-1/2” x 11” paper. Cut out shape and unfold.
- Cut 2 pieces of felt 2” x 9”. Spray the back of one piece with adhesive. Place the sprayed strip, glued side down on remaining strip. Pin pattern to strip. Cut one double-layer cuff.
- Machine stitch around cuff about 1/4” from the edge to reinforce felt. Repeat with another row of stitching 1/4” inside the first row to create concentric rows.
- Set machine to zigzag stitch with a width of 4 and length of 2.5. Zigzag edge of cuff so needle swings off and on the edge of the felt to finish.
- Mark the snap position onto the cuff with straight pins. Test fit the cuff. The slightly curved center should point toward your fingers. Adjust the position of the snaps to tighten or loosen the fit. Apply snaps following package directions.
- Buttons are layered and are meant to overlap. Sew on buttons starting with those on the bottom layer. To sew buttons, thread needle with a double strand of thread. Fold double again and knot to create 4 threads. Take 2-3 stitches per button. Always knot the ends. The extra thread strands allow you to take fewer stitches and still have a strongly attached button.
- Continue to sew on the overlapping buttons until the center of the cuff is covered with buttons as pictured.