1. Measure natural waistline and subtract 1". Cut a piece of paper that is 4-1/4" x the measurement above.
2. Fold the paper in half lengthwise, and mark one of the short sides 5/8" from the fold.
3. Place the Styling Design Ruler with the 18-1/4" ruler mark on your 5/8" mark, and the 13" ruler mark on the top edge of your paper. Trace this curve to connect the two spots. Cut off the corner from the curve, and unfold the template. This is half the size of the cummerbund.
4. Fold fabric, and place template with the short side, opposite of the tapered side, on the fabric fold. Pin and cut the two layers together. Repeat for a second layer.
5. Pin these two fabric pieces with right sides together, and stitch leaving the two tapered ends open for the ties, and turn it inside out through one of the side openings.
6. Cut two strips of fabric that are 3"x35". This length can vary depending on your waist size and how long you want the ties. This comfortably wraps around a 26" waist, leaving plenty of length to tie a bow in the front.
7. Fold the strips in half lengthwise with the right sides together. Fold one of the short ends up diagonally to create a point. Stitch the long side and point. Turn it inside out with the Loop Turner. Repeat for the other tie.
8. Insert the unfinished end of a tie into one of the cummerbund sides. Fold under the loose ends and topstitch together. Repeat for the other tie.
9. If making optional flower embellishment: Cut about 8 bias strips 3/8" wide. Length can vary. Follow Flower Loom package instructions, using peg rows A and C only. Wind bias strips around pegs at Circle C. Where each strip ends, tape it to the loom and start another. Continue wrapping for two complete rotations. Stitch center with another bias strip, following loom instructions. Remove flower from loom. Untape ends.
10. Hand stitch flower to belt.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>