1. Measure natural waistline and subtract 1". Cut a piece of paper that is 4-1/4" x the measurement above.
2. Fold the paper in half lengthwise, and mark one of the short sides 5/8" from the fold.
3. Place the Styling Design Ruler with the 18-1/4" ruler mark on your 5/8" mark, and the 13" ruler mark on the top edge of your paper. Trace this curve to connect the two spots. Cut off the corner from the curve, and unfold the template. This is half the size of the cummerbund.
4. Fold fabric, and place template with the short side, opposite of the tapered side, on the fabric fold. Pin and cut the two layers together. Repeat for a second layer.
5. Pin these two fabric pieces with right sides together, and stitch leaving the two tapered ends open for the ties, and turn it inside out through one of the side openings.
6. Cut two strips of fabric that are 3"x35". This length can vary depending on your waist size and how long you want the ties. This comfortably wraps around a 26" waist, leaving plenty of length to tie a bow in the front.
7. Fold the strips in half lengthwise with the right sides together. Fold one of the short ends up diagonally to create a point. Stitch the long side and point. Turn it inside out with the Loop Turner. Repeat for the other tie.
8. Insert the unfinished end of a tie into one of the cummerbund sides. Fold under the loose ends and topstitch together. Repeat for the other tie.
9. If making optional flower embellishment: Cut about 8 bias strips 3/8" wide. Length can vary. Follow Flower Loom package instructions, using peg rows A and C only. Wind bias strips around pegs at Circle C. Where each strip ends, tape it to the loom and start another. Continue wrapping for two complete rotations. Stitch center with another bias strip, following loom instructions. Remove flower from loom. Untape ends.
10. Hand stitch flower to belt.