Cupcake Party Favors
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Pkg. 6" Styrofoam brand foam cones
- 1 Pkg. pompoms
- 1 Pkg. candy
- 3 Sheets contrasting scrapbook papers, 12"x12" in colors of choice
- 24" tulle to match papers
- Twist ties
- Candy bags
- Paper trimmer
- Low melt glue gun and glue sticks*
- Sharp knife
- Straight pins
- Glue stick
- *Only use glue gun with adult supervision
- Use sharp knife and cut base for cupcake 2" from bottom of foam cone.
- If the cut is not even, use leftover piece of foam like sandpaper to smooth flat. Cupcake size will measure 2" across bottom and approx. 3" along the top.
- Cut background paper 21⁄4"x12". Cut this piece into four 3" lengths. These pieces will cover sides of the cupcake base. Start with 1 piece and line up along the 2" bottom of foam. Glue each piece as you go and mold the excess over the top edge and glue. Overlap each piece until the sides are covered.
- Cut 2 pieces of contrasting paper 2"x12". Fold accordion style using 1/4" folds to both pieces. Glue 1 end to another to make a long folded piece. Stretch this piece slightly. Pin one end up 1/2" from bottom and glue in place on cupcake base. Place small amount of glue on every other inside folded crease along the base of cupcake. The folds will extend 1/2" above top of cupcake base. Continue until you reach the beginning, overlap a fold, cut off excess and glue in place.
- Cut three 4" wide pieces of tulle the entire width of the tulle. Cut two 12" square pieces of tulle.
- Wrap candy in candy bag and secure with a twist tie.
- Lay the three 4" pieces of tulle on top of each other. Fold in half along the length and then half again. Create a loop using approx. 5" length of tulle, pin to inside edge of foam. Continue making loops and pinning in place to cover the entire circle. Trim off excess.
- Use the two 12" square pieces of tulle on top of each other and cover wrapped candy. Secure in center using a twist tie. Trim off excess to 1/4" of tie. Place in center of cupcake base with tied base facing foam. Use a small dab of glue to secure pompoms in center of candy.