1. Even out top and bottom edges of burlap by removing threads until you’ve removed one that is the entire width of fabric; trim off excess fabric threads.
2. Fold over the top of the burlap 4" and glue or sew in place
3. Draw on the face, and saturate 1" of burlap around it with Fray Check™, with waxed paper underneath. When dry, cut out face.
4. Cut a plate-sized circle of pink vinyl and trace on the same face pattern. Cut inside the lines, so the hole in the pink is slightly smaller than the burlap hole. Glue into place. Cut a black felt stem and glue to the pink circle. Add a white felt highlight.
5. Cut the cupcake cup from pink quilted fabric and glue strips of ribbon to resemble the fluting on a cupcake cup. Cut bottom at angles. Cut a pink felt cupcake to fit the cup size. Cut a black felt oval for a plate, supporting the cupcake. Glue all into place.
6. Glue rick rack legs to the plate.
7. Gather the raspberry tulle fabric so it is fluffy. Gather each end in a rubber band, and glue to the bottom edge of the pink felt cupcake, overlapping the top of the cup, and tucking the rubber banded ends under, to hide them. Continue working up the cupcake in graduated shades of pink to white. Add more glue to the layers to secure them to the pink felt, as necessary.
8. Thread narrow ribbon through the button holes, tie a knot, and glue the buttons to the tulle, as “sprinkles."
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>