SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Gilded Orchard Stack
- Small gift box
- 1 pkg rick rack
- Embroidery floss
- Craft punch: flower
- Paper adhesive
- Double stick tape
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Paper trimmer
- Scissors: straight edge & decorative edge
- Optional: Small branch, dried flowers, dried leaves
1. Select 3 coordinating paper prints. Measure the circumference of the box. Cut the 1st print so that it is wide enough to cover the box, while leaving 1/2" visible on each side. Note: If box is longer than 12" around, cut a separate piece to add onto strip that will cover the bottom. Attach additional piece to one of the ends with double stick tape. Take the 2nd print and cut the same length (adding an additional piece if needed), but take 1½" off the width. Cut 3rd print 3/4" wide in same length as the previous 2 strips (adding an additional piece if needed). Trim long edges using decorative-edge scissors.
2. Take 1st print, line up the center of the larger piece with the center of the top of the box, wrap the paper around the box, gently creasing the edges while going around each side of the box. Secure the ends together with double stick tape to make a sleeve, without attaching the paper to the box. Take the last 2 prints and adhere the smaller strip to the top of the larger piece, 1/2" in from the right side. Note: Be sure to match up the extra sections in the same place. Repeat the above process to wrap these around the box and adhere the ends together.
3. Finish off the box by adding rick rack and a flower with embroidery floss in the center.
4. If desired add a small twig to the top. Cut a tag from the stack and tie it to twig to finish off design.