Dainty Ruffle Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Redheart®:Super Saver, “grey heather", 1 skein (A)Sashay in “waltz", 2 balls (B)
- 16" knitting needles, size 6
- 2 yds of 2" black grosgrain ribbon
- 1 pair handles
- Hand sewing needle
- Black thread
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
Notes: Knit with A; purl with B (leaving a 3" tail and using every hole at top edge of ruffle yarn). Carry yarns up the side at end of each round, skipping a hole of B at beginning of next B round.
1. Cast on 100 stitches with A; join, placing marker at beginning of row.
2. Knit 10 rows with A.
3. Rows 1, 3, 5: Purl with B
4. Rows 2, 4: Knit with A.
5. Rows 6 – 9: Knit with A.
6. Repeat rows 1 through 9 three times.
7. Rows 1, 3: Purl with B.
8. Rows 2: Knit with A.
9. Bind off purlwise with B using every hole at top edge of B.
10. With A and yarn needle, sew bottom purse seam.
11. Finish ends of A and B.
12. With needle and thread, sew ribbon to inside top edge of purse, being careful to not “gather" purse fabric.
13. Using needle and thread, attach handles just below inside top edge of purse.
14. Tie ribbon bow and sew to purse.