1. Two days in advance, cover baseboard in fondant. Tint 18 oz. white fondant rose. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out 1/8" thick. Cover board. Reserve remaining rose fondant for centers of daisies.
2. Also two days in advance, make 15 gum paste daisies. Use the gum paste flower cutter set and its instructions to make gum paste daisies with tinted rose centers on wires. Make extras to allow for breakage.
3. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake 3-layer cake in each pan (torte each cake into two 2" high layers and one 1" high layer for 5" high tiers). Allow to cool completely.
4. Use spatula and decorator icing to lightly ice cakes to prepare for fondant covering. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out black fondant 1/8" thick. Cover cakes with black fondant and use fondant smoother to smooth cakes. Reserve remaining black fondant.
5. For all tiers, center a cake board the same size as the tier above it on base tier and press it gently into fondant to imprint an outline. Remove. Use this outline to guide the insertion of the dowel rods. Insert one dowel rod into cake straight down to the cake board. Make a knife scratch on the rod to mark the exact height so dowel rod will be level to cake. Pull dowel rod out. Cut six dowel rods per cake the exact same length, using the mark on the first one as a guide. Insert rods into tiers, spacing evenly 1-1/2" in from the imprinted outline. Push straight down until each touches the cake board below. Position the middle tier on the base tier, centering exactly. Repeat with the top tier. To stabilize tiers further, sharpen one end of a long dowel rod and push it through all tiers and cake boards to the base of the bottom tier.
6. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out reserved black fondant 1/8" thick. Use fondant trimmer to cut three strips, 19"x1/4", 26"x1/4" and 36"x1/4". Use damp brush to attach for bottom borders.
7. Make 88 fondant daisies. Use fondant roller with blue guide rings to roll out white fondant 1/16" thick. Use small daisy cutter from set to cut out daisies. Place under storage board flaps to keep pliable. Use damp brush to attach daisies to cake tiers: 22 on 6" cake, 30 on 8" cake and 36 on 10" cake. Press reserved rose fondant into impression mat for daisy centers. Use damp brush to attach to daisies.
8. Push dowel rod through craft foam ball. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out remaining black fondant 1/8" thick. Brush craft foam ball with piping gel and cover with fondant, making sure not to cover the holes. Use knife to trim dowel rod, 7-1/2". Insert into center of 6" cake. Push fondant-covered craft foam ball onto dowel rod. Insert gum paste daisies and arrange around globe.
Project Tip: Avoid the mess and hassle of coloring fondant black by using Wilton Black Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>